Thursday, January 01, 2009

Tournament Finale

Well it was a heck of a competitive evening of Scrabble and the visiting Northern team takes home the trophy. The first game of the night was one of the craziest games ever played. I was down 95-0 only to take the lead in the second to last play and then my Mom played KOH and I didn't challenge her and she ended up winning on that move! I should have challenged! The reason I was down 95-0 was that I tried to play a scrabble with the word fuminate, but Mom challenged me and I lost. Then, she played spiller and I challenged her (which was a scrabble) so I lost my first two rounds, meanwhile she received an extra 50 for her use of all 7 letters. That being said, all things equal out and I got a bit luckier in the other games and was able to pull them out.

Here are the scores:
Game 1:
Mom 300
Marc 291

Game 2:
Mom 262
Marc 290

Game 3:
Meg 181
Mom 177
Marc 207

For a final tally of...
Marc 6 wins, 4 losses
Mom 4 wins 6 losses
Meg 0 wins 3 losses

It has been really great being down here and having a great time during the day and then having our competitive challenges at night. Plus, tonight we made rootbeer floats!

By the way, the word of the tournament was QAT...

1 Comments:

Blogger mikedsp said...

Here's a useful scrabble work: 'ai', which is a South American 3-toed sloth.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home